Monday, April 25, 2011

Forgiving my brother

Forgiving my brother is difficult stuff. Me and him always get in fights almost everyday about something simple or a stupid little thing that has no relevance whatsoever. he continually mocks me, swears, hits, and sticks his middle finger at me whenever his anger is released. My brother is soo annoying that he raises my temper right over my limit that I just go right on and hit him also. But something amazing happened that day. For the first time, after I had hit him I went up to him and apologized sincerely for the action I had taken upon him. But his response to me was "your an ***hole." But I didn't care what he said. I did something right, and I remember that verse that came to me from the other story when I apologized to my drama teacher which was Luke 6:37 "Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Even though I knew God was watching my actions of violence, He was watching something else that day. Something that had more value, eternal value that will be treasured forever. A simple act of forgiveness changed the situation completely. And I knew that God was watching and clapping His hands along with His Angels for the valiant action I made right after those other acts of filthiness. Did my brother appreciate the forgiveness? No, he didn't. But you know who did? My Savior. Who was watching from His Heavenly home, and who was giving me praise for what I had just conquered. When you forgive, are you really forgiven even if other people don't forgive you? Yes you are. From the Lord God Almighty Himself. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." Hebrews 8:12 And I will continually pray for my brother, dad and my family members here to come to Christ for Salvation. Thank you Lord for using me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment