Monday, April 25, 2011

Founded

My story on how I entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ is pretty amazing. Growing up I had no religious beliefs in anything, even though my dad grew up learning in catholic school he never taught me anything about his beliefs or why he believed it. And catholic tradition is that they baptize their little child when their a baby. I don't even know if my dad did that to me or not. But if he did, it doesn't matter, because to become a Christian all you have to do is believe Jesus died and rose again from the dead and that He conquered death and died for your sins if you confess them to Him. But anyways when I was little I had nowhere to go, I didn't know why I was alive or what purpose I had for being here because I didn't grow up believing in anything. And also because my dad never raised me with his beliefs. I went to Church, but had no idea what I was doing there. And I remember my mom telling me that when I was little, she came into my parents room and crying and upset. And she kneeled down and and prayed to God that He would take her away from the life she was currently living. Later on my mom moved to Orlando, Florida and married my stepdad who came from Cuba and they both had my little brother Joshua. Eventually my mom was telling me that the new lifestyle she was living was soo much better and was telling me how Jesus was changing her life. And one day when me and her were talking on the phone, she was persuading me to give me life to Jesus Christ which I was feeling really uncertain about because I did not know how and I had no idea what she was talking about. So the gullible person that I am, I surrendered my life to Christ nit knowing where it would take me. Then as soon as I did, I began to experience events that I thought were just "coincidental" or happen daily. But as a baby believer I was learning from my mom and other mature faithful servants of Jesus Christ that these so called "coincidences" were happening to them also. Then as I was reading my bible more and more and other Christian books and website links, I finally came to a conclusion that something is out there, and that it is REAL and it's changing my life. And the funny thing was that I never knew where I would be going in life, what I would do, why am I here and how I would accomplish it? But as was found by my God, Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ who wanted me to be with Him forever in Heaven along with His chosen ones. "For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight." Ephesians 1:4 So after I gave my life to God, I grew rapidly in my faith and wanted to know desperately more and more about Him. Then later on when my mom told me if I was ready to be baptized, I was a little unsure at first, but I was ready. Then I George Lenta Edward Jr. was baptized on August 23, 2009 in front of my mom, stepdad, friends and family, Jesus and His Angels at First Baptist Orlando and I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Romans 1:16 Amen. Praise God forever and ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment