Monday, April 25, 2011

The life I was waiting for

The life I was waiting for was something worth living for. Before I came to know Jesus Christ as my Savior, my life was filthy, dirty and unclean. A life filled with immorality and nastiness that I never knew I could get rid of. Then as my mom was telling me about the new lifestyle she was living, and how Jesus changed her life, I was feeling uncertain of whether I should believe my own mom, or not. In the end I decided to believe her, and she told me about Salvation and what I needed to know and do. I didn't know much at that point and I had very little faith since I was a baby believer. Then as my mom prayed at the dinner table one night I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I didn't feel anything nor experience a supernatural event that rattled my weak belief in a higher deity, but something inside me began to open up and change. And those things were my heart and mind. As I was growing in my Christian life my heart and lifestyle started to change drastically, from the experiences, love, joy and peace that came with this new lifestyle. I felt as though I was living the life I was meant to live. And I really was. From the prayers answered, to the experiences I have been through. I thought they were all natural coincidences that happened for no apparent reason. But I now know that everyone, including me are put on Earth for a reason and a purpose. And that reason is from our Creator God. And for Him to give us His book He created through men He used to write it, is such a blessing so then we can know and love Him by following His rules for living through His Word. And He did this because He loves us. "We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19 The life I was made for and the purpose and reason for why I am here finally came true.

No comments:

Post a Comment