Monday, April 25, 2011

Witnessing story #1 San Jose airport and airplane

This is my first story of when I shared Christ with two people in the airplane and one old man at the San Jose airport. When I was in in the airplane I sat next to this woman whom I shared my faith with. It went well in a spiritual sense because she was a believer in Jesus as I was. Then on the next flight to San Jose I sat next to this Indian guy (who was a Hindu obviously). And I asked him my favorite conversation starter that I use most often in the book One thing you can't do in Heaven which was when you die what do you think is on the other side? And he said that he believed in the Hindu God's such as brauman, vishnu, shiva, and like hundreds more. And so we talked about his beliefs and then I switched the spiritual conversation to my beliefs. I began talking about Jesus and how His Blood can take away all the sin from his life. I was sharing this with him for a few minutes and then I offered him Mark Cahill's other book which is one heartbeat away your journey into eternity. He just looked at the back of the book and then gave it back to me, but he respected what I believed in and so did I. Then we arrived at the San Jose airport and we came to the baggage claim where I was sitting on a seat waiting waiting for everyone to return because my family were on the other side where I was. And as I was listening to my ipod, an old man comes and sits in the seat next to me and starts chatting with me about the weather! I am a really friendly guy so we both start talking about the weather and then I switched the conversation to spiritual matters by asking him my favorite question "when you die, what do you think is on the other side?" He then was quiet for a second then turned to me and said "have you ever heard of something called the privileged planet?" I said no and he started talking about science and how it and everything else has a creator and how we are not here by accident but created for a reason. Then he started talking about Jesus! (Which caught me by surprise). And he said that only Jesus could rise from the dead and and how he was the promised and ressurected Savior who came back from the dead to conquer death and promise us eternal life. And how the other false "idols" or "gods" could have never predicted something then fulfill that prophecy as Jesus did. What was awkward about the end of the conversation was that my stepmom and stepbrother were right next to him and could hear almost every word he said and thought he was crazy, but he wasn't. He was presenting eternal truth to me that I already knew and was loving every single part of it.   Then he told me something that I would never forget in my life, he said to me "Keep sharing the Lord. Keep sharing the Lord." And then he got in his taxi outside and left. And I knew that God put that man in the seat right next to me so that I would be able to share eternal truth with him. Thank you Lord Jesus for these divine appointments and many more to come. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment