Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Not your average meeting

Yesterday I attended my club meeting for my Christian club youth alive. And it was just like any other regular meeting where we discussed about daily school life and other random subjects, but we would always focus on the club discussion. Anyways as the club discussion was under way, I noticed two old women around their 70's sitting in these seats far away from our table. They were somehow looking at me, not in a funny or awkward way but they were just watching me. Then I noticed remainders of someone's past food consumption which was a plastic cup and an ice cream cone with a little bit of ice cream in it. I went over picked them up and threw them away in the trash. As I was returning to the table one of the women said to me "your very nice" and I replied back "thank you" in a generous manner not wanting anyone else to acknowledge my actions even though the restaurant was mostly empty. Later on as my friends were just talking about random subjects I felt an urge from God to go and talk to the two women. One of them was wearing a Cross while the other wasn't. So I went over and introduced myself to them and I asked them if they were believers. The woman pointed to her friend wearing the Cross and said "she's Catholic." So after I knew that, I started talking to both of them about my faith in Christ and how I came to know Him as my Savior. Then I explained how I do for things for Christ in a humble servant method just as He taught. Just as I was going to explain more one of them told me they both had to leave. So she thanked me for talking with them and I the same. I am absolutely 100% sure that God arranged that event to take place. It could have been a time to share Christ because one the women seemed like she wasn't a true believer. But in any case I was happy to talk with them. And for also throwing away those two items in the trash with a humble servants heart. Thank you Lord for many opportunities to share your love with people even though they may not appreciate it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment