Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A beautiful night

This evening my brother called me on my phone and told me that we were going to have Subway instead of Taco Bell tonight. I was unhappy, so I told my brother that I will have Taco Bell. He called me back and told me that I had to go there driving, eat and come back. I agree so I eventually left. I came into Taco Bell and ordered my food and while I was waiting, I started talking with a young man who was waiting for his food also. Then I introduced myself and his name is Dean. I asked him if I could sit with him, and he said sure. So I got my food and my hot sauce and went outside. I met his friend who was named Matt and chatted with him. Then during the conversation I said "hey can I ask you guys an interesting question?" Dean said sure. I asked "when you die, what do you think is on the other side?" Dean said he had different beliefs, but honestly he didn't know. Then I shared what I believed in which is the Son of God, the resurrected Savior the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did for them. I went through the Ten Commandments and shared how Christ's blood can literally wipe all of his sins away. Then I gave him an index card to mark cahills book website oneheartbeataway.org. Then I said goodbye and left. As I was driving home, I noticed a homeless guy on the side of the road, sitting in the grass. I thought to myself "Lord, I am not letting this man go by without you." So I parked in the nearest parking lot and walked over to him and talked. He was a very nice gentleman. We just started talking about homelessness and how it affects people. His name was David. So I said to him "can I ask you an interesting question?" He said sure. I asked him "if you died tonight are you 100% you are going to Heaven?" He said yes, and I asked him "how do you know that to be true? He told me that he is forgiven of his sins and he goes to Church. So I went through the Ten Commandments, sin, Blood of Jesus Christ etc. Then I asked David "can I pray for you?" He said sure, so I held his hand tightly and began to pray that the Lord would provide for him and that He would comfort and be with him because He loves him. And I also prayed and said that I loved David too and wanted to see him in Heaven one day with me and the Lord Jesus. Then I shook his hand and said goodbye to him. And then he told me that his wife was on the other side when he pointed to her. And then she said "thank you!" In a loud grateful voice. I even prayed that the Lord would lead me and use me tonight. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!!! He is worthy!!! Amen!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome George. Wow, don't ever get discouraged and quit witnessing. Your doing a great job being the Lord's hands, feet and mouth! Keep it up :D!

    ReplyDelete