Thursday, September 29, 2011

An Interesting day

Today was interesting indeed. As always I pray that the Lord would use me and lead me to the right people to talk to. So during lunch I was wandering around when I decided to go to my past Spanish teacher's classroom. I came in and greeted Mr. Domingo (Mr Sunday LOL) and he did the same and asked me how I was doing. I told him that I was doing fantastic. Then later two students came in so I decided to witness to them. I first asked them what they thought about the 9/11 incident, and one of the students I was talking to told me Heaven. I asked him why and he told me he was a Muslim. The other student was his friend. And I found out that both their names were Iman and Phillip. I had a very fascinating conversation with Iman and I asked him about his belief and he started telling me in concrete detail about what he believed in. I found it very interesting. Because he knew what he believed in, even though he didn't believe in Jesus Christ the Savior, he did know that he was a prophet and that what he believed was many prophets, and that their was someone after Jesus. He wanted to know if Jesus was really God and had some good questions that I didn't know how to answer well. I tried the best I could and told him that I didn't know the answer but asked Iman if he wanted to know the answer. He said yes and so I gave him my email. He was very respectful and he shared what he believed and so did I. We both had our differences when it came to belief. But what I didn't tell him which I should have, was that Jesus rose from the dead to prove that He is the Son of God. The one who He claimed to be. That's what makes Him radically different from anyone else. Then I told him to check out a book, then I said bye to him and his friend. Afterwards, I noticed a girl that I wanted to talk to. And I wanted to just chat with her. But something made me want to talk with her and I didn't know what God planned so I came up to her when she was sitting down doing her homework and started to talk. We just started talking about school then she told me she's a Christian! Her name is Yeji, and she's full Korean just like my friend Rachel. And I was really surprised and we kept talking and talking. And she's a very sweet person, even though she may look a little shy. I invited her to come to youth alive again, and she agreed. I got her phone number so I can stay in contact with her. Amazing what the Lord can do in one day!!! Praise the Lord forever!!! Amen!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome George. I really enjoy reading your stories and it just makes me smile seeing your love and boldness towards others!

    ReplyDelete