Friday, September 2, 2011

Witnessing 9/2/11

Another awesome day of witnessing today at school! As lunch was coming (I was hungry), I walked over to our nearby plaza to eat at a pizza restaurant called bronco billy's pizza palace. I sat down and ate my pizza quickly because their was a man who was sitting at the beer table that I wanted to witness to him early when their wasn't too many people at the restaurant. But as I was finishing my pizza more people arrived and I'm sure God was teaching me to witness to strangers in public and not care what anyone talks or thinks about you. So as I finished my pizza I came up to the man and said "can I ask you an interesting question?" He said "school project?" I agreed and said yes even though it wasn't but it gets a conversation started quickly. Then I asked him "when you die, what do you think is on the other side? What do you think happens to us after we die?" The man looked at me and said he was a Christian and believed in Heaven. So we talked about that a few minutes and talked with him about surrendering his life to God and if he made a commitment to Jesus Christ. And he was interested in the conversation that he stopped what he was doing and listened to what I said. I even asked him "if you died tonight are you 100% assured that your going to Heaven?" He said no even though he told me he was a Christian! So I directed him through the Ten Commandments and talked to him about sin. And then I talked to him about what the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ can do for him. Then he told me he was busy with his work and had to get back with it. I wish I would have said one more thing that I regret not bringing up, but I was glad for the conversation and thankful to the Lord as always. Then when I come back to school I notice two students sitting on a bench that God was telling me to talk with so I went over and started talking and asked them what grade they were in etc. Then I said "can I ask you both an interesting question?" they said sure then I asked "when you die, what do you think is on the other side?" One of them said Heaven both they were quite unsure about their faith. So I shared the truth about the Lord Jesus Christ with both of them and told them this "150 yeas from now. It's not gonna matter whether you graduated from college. It's not gonna matter whether or not you get a 4.0 gpa. It's not gonna matter whether or not you passed all your classes. The only thing that's gonna matter is whether or not your going to be with the God who created you because you will be Heaven or Hell for all of eternity." And I also said " I share Jesus with you guys because I care about your souls and where you will go after you die." Then I left and found a student who was a sophomore and started chatting with him. And I asked him the same question he just stopped for a second and said "I don't know." Then I shared Jesus Christ with him and what He did on the Cross for him and shared the Ten Commandments, sin then I took off and left. I am so thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ for using me and giving me boldness to share with these people about Him. Praise the Lord!!! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment