Friday, November 4, 2011

Suffer for the Kingdom

Today was just wonderful. I was spending some time with the Lord talking with Him and enjoying His presence at school and reading His Word at lunch and during my classes. And then after school I got into my car and my brother came along with our family friend Akshay (who is a non-believer). And we were waiting for my brother's friend Ivan (Catholic). But right when we were about to leave someone I knew from school asked me if he could get a ride from me. I told him that he could and that he can come in my car. So I drove him to his house, dropped him off and was on our way back to drop off my brother's friends, mark (my brother) would physically punch me in the back of the head while I am driving! That is an extremely dangerous thing to do. And he did it twice in the car. But instead of becoming mad and raising my temper I just gently answered. And while we were driving back home my brother hit me for giving a ride to this student at our school named David. And my brother and his friends say he is really rude and they started using swear words in the car after I dropped him off. But I was doing something kind, and wanted to give him a ride. And my brother would hit me for giving him a ride. And my brother told me that the reason he wanted to give me a ride was because he would be asking obvious questions that he already knew and would have me answer them just to make fun of me. But I whatever I do I do for Jesus and I live for Him alone. Every kind deed is not wasted no matter to what person it was. But I would be continually hi and abused for my brother for doing something kind. And the Word of God says in 1 Peter 3:14 "But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed." I am blessed because I am doing what is right and my brother doesn't like it just because he doesn't like the person I gave a ride to in my car. I love everyone and I love Jesus and I will do what is right in His eyes rather than other people. If I have to suffer my brother hitting and abusing me for the Kingdom of God, so be it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment