Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Unbelievable

Today was just another normal day at school today. But this morning during second period there were students in my resource class that were going to an assembly we had today which was the black student union assembly. And so the students left and all the people that were left in the class was one of my advisory students Mrs. O'Leary and another student sitting two desks next to me. He just started chatting with me and I talked back to him and he was being friendly first which was awesome. Then the teacher called his name and his name was George. I was like what the?! Then I said to him "your name is George" and he said yeah and I said that is my name is too and he said "for real?!" I said "yeah!" Then we started chatting for a little bit more and then we both got back to our homework. As I finished my work and just listening to my ipod I was glancing at what he was doing and he was reading a book but I did not know what it was, it seemed like a textbook to me, and I was looking at the book carefully and I said to myself in my head "is that a bible?" Then I watched carefully and I said to myself again "that is a bible!" I asked him if it was a bible just to be sure so I asked him "is that a bible?" And George said "yeah." So then I got out my bible and we started chatting some more about Jesus Christ and His death, resurrection, etc. And then I showed George the passage about Jesus appearing to Thomas and he enjoyed it a lot. The passage is John 20:24-31. I asked him if he was Christian and he said he was. Right before second period ended I got his number to stay in contact, and so did he for mine. During my fourth period class I got a text from him saying if he wanted to have lunch today and I agreed. So me and George met up for lunch at a pizza place near Irvington called Bronco billies. I was planning on buying my own food as always but my new Christian friend decided to buy it for me! What a blessing. I asked him what his favorite book was and he said the Psalms, and then as we were eating our lunch I shared my story with him about witnessing and I also shared my favorite bible verse which is Galatians 2:20. Then afterwards I was telling him to check out Mark Cahill's site and I also got his facebook when we got back to my school. He goes to a different school called Robertson which is a small High School located behind a nearby community park near my school. Then me and George said goodbye and left. Let me tell you something folks. That was no accident I met a student that goes to another school named George who happened to be a believer in Jesus Christ. There are no accidents period. Praise the Lord for awesome diving appointments! Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment