Sunday, March 4, 2012

Praise the Lord!!!

Today was just another blessed day. This morning I drove to my Church building and listened to pastor David's message (which I don't remember haha), but it was good nonetheless. But more importantly today was a big day for me because it was the day that me and my Christian buddies passed out gospel tracts promoting our blog but more importantly, the gospel of Jesus Christ. I listened to the message then me and Christian brother Austin and my other Christian brother Brent went out to get lunch at L&L which is a Hawaiian barbeque restaurant if you don't know. I had fried shrimp like always haha, and we ordered the food to go to eat it at our Church building. After we ate our lunch, Austin showed me how to make the paper holders where we put one gum package and a paper tract that explains a little bit of the blog but most importantly the gospel. We had some help making them from our other brother's and sister's who came back to the building. Then after we finished making them Austin, Brent, Curtis (Austin's younger brother), and me got in Austin's car and we took off to the Great Mall to prepare ourselves to hand out the tracts. As I was at the Great Mall I decided to witness to a few people to warm up before handing out the tracts. So I approached a young adult, who looked to me like a teenager and began to witness to him. His name was Jamal and I was showing him his sin by going through the Ten Commandments and then shared the Cross with him and the blood of Jesus Christ. I forgot to mention the Resurrection of Christ, but afterwards when I thanked him for helping me out on a project since I approached him with the excellent survey approach as used in the book one thing you can't do in Heaven, I gave him a fantastic tract booklet made by Mark Cahill which explains everything I said to him, but more. Then after I chatted with two teenagers with hats and talked with them about Jesus Christ. They were believers as well and had the right answers, but there was only one problem, one of the teenagers told me that after I asked him the question if you died tonight are you 100% assured you would go to Heaven, he said yes. And I asked him why do you say that and he said that he makes his confessions. And I asked him what do you mean by confessions, and he told me "to a priest." That's a HUGE problem right there because in the bible we confess our sins and transgressions to Jesus Christ our Savior, not to a priest. Then I said goodbye to them and left. Then afterwards I went and chatted with Charles who was the person I witnessed to about a while back, in the putting edge mini golf building. As I came in I said "hey man, how're you doing?!" When I arrived at the desk he was working at he told me how he didn't like the gospel tract card that I gave him because he told me that the card was not filled with love and that it wasn't very nice, and he was just talking to me politely, but did not think that the tract card I gave him a while ago was very nice. Then I was telling Charles that I sincerely apologized for that and that the card he thought was not coming from the right attitude, rather he thought it was coming out of aggression, not love. So I gave him the Mark Cahill booklet one second after you that I have which always comes in handy and I told him that this book will explain the truth in a very loving way and not an aggressive way. And I also gave him Cahill's other booklet the second greatest lie ever told which talks about are there many paths to Heaven? And then it examines the biggest lie ever told was that a human being can be "good enough" to go to Heaven. As more and more people poured in I told Charles that I would talk to him later and told him to enjoy the booklets and he said he would, so I told him to have a great day, then I shook his hand and left. As my other Christian friend Jen came, we handed out the tracts and talked with people. I got rejected several times, but in no way did that stop me. I was so bold for Jesus Christ that I walked into the Century theaters and there were round tables. So I walked up to every single one of those tables (mostly I believe) and asked lost people "did you get one of these?" Most of the people rejected them, but a few took the tracts. Praise the Lord! Then I came back out and did it some more. After a while of handing out gospel tracts I initiated a conversation with a dad and his son. I asked them "can you help me out, I am working on a project?" They agreed to help me. The son was named Andrew while the dad was named Inissio (not sure how to spell his name haha). I asked the both of them the question to start the conversation "if you died tonight are you 100% assured that you would go to Heaven?" One of them told me that he wasn't sure. I wouldn't really call it a conversation, but I tried. That is why I go out and witness to practice and start these conversations. They both had all the right answers about Jesus Christ and I knew that they were Catholic, because most Catholics wear crosses and so do Christians, but they are mostly recognizable to people as Catholics, and it's one of the top religious beliefs out there. I told them to put there trust in Jesus Christ and only in His blood there is forgiveness of sin. And they said thank you and I left. My other Christian friends were passing out the remainder of their tracts and then me and friend Austin, and Brent took off, and so did the rest. It was absolutely a blessed time giving away our gospel tracts promoting our blog, but most importantly explaining the message of the greatest news ever told which is about the Lord Jesus Christ dying for us on the Cross, the rising from the dead to defeat death and give us eternal life that we so undeserve. And one thing that I forgot to mention was that my Christian sister Jen, finished talking with this one person and she said her name was Steffi! And that's the same name from a person that is from our Church youth group! Wow! God is good and there are no accidents ever. What an amazing time, I can't wait to go again whether with a group of Christian friends, or by myself, God is good, all the time. Amen.

1 comment: