Monday, March 19, 2012

What moved me

This is a text that I received from a friend from my school this is what she wrote:
"Hey George! I just passed by this guy in his 30s who was working at wingstop. I guess it was his dinnerbreak and he had a plate of wings in front of him. I expected him to just dive in 'cause it was a dinner rush, so he just finished a lot of work, but he took off his hat and actually started praying before eating. In public, in front of a lot of people to say grace for fast food. It was more moving than I thought it could be. (Then I sent a response to her). "No problem! It was just like... I mean hes in his 30s on a night shift short of staff for a fast food place. Out of everything, I didn't expect him to be so grateful to the point where nothing mattered except his relationship with God and take time to pray while he's tired and hungry. That's dedication."
When I got this text back, I felt Joy just release from my body. It was the Joyful feeling I have ever had. This story shows that we can be grateful even for a plate of small wings or the smallest things in life that don't matter, yet his action. What he did, had eternal value that will be forever treasured by the Lord God Almighty, who is Jesus Christ. God bless this man and pray for him to show the love of God to others. This is what truly moved me and the Lord most of all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment