Thursday, May 17, 2012

Never the same

Life just isn't ever the same without Jesus. My life in the past was just messed up and pointless when I didn't even realize it. My life in the past was going absolutely nowhere. I had no purpose whatsoever and no path to come into. But later on when my mom told me about Jesus Christ was when I became curious to this "religious stuff". So I followed my mom's footsteps as she took me to Church (which is the building, the people that are believers in Christ are the Church) and the service and I was not yet convinced about all of this Christian stuff. But then when my mom started telling me about how Christ has changed her life I felt a little bit of conviction, but not enough to stir me to be convinced if this was true or not. We gathered around the table one night and I prayed a very wimpy prayer that non-believers pray (I was not a Christian at the time believe it or not). And then after, I did not feel anything different. Later on when I was a freshmen in High School I was sitting in my health class as bored as could be haha, when suddenly one of the school administrators who died this year (wonder where he is in eternity) Mike Greer came in and told me that he needed to borrow me to take a test. So I came out and asked him what test I needed to take and he told me none. I was just wondering "why would he take me out of a class and lie to my teacher that I was taking a test when I wasn't?" It was so strange. We came to the teacher's lounge and he told me to wait there until the vice principal came. I did just that and the vice principal came and he asked me "are you George?" I said "yeah." He said "congratulations on getting the winning ticket to the faculty follies." I said "thanks!" and he said "I'll see you there tonight." I was so excited and I could not believe it. And what was funny was that I was thinking in my head in my health class how I did not have enough money to buy the tickets to the show, it was the last day to buy them and my good friend was going too. I was utterly hopeless. But then when I got called out for exactly that I was just stunned and had no words to describe how awesome it felt. I knew that the Lord was showing Himself to me and that the experience that I just had is how He operates. Then afterwards when I was continually going to Church and learning more about Jesus the Word of God (the bible) and other stuff I was gaining more knowledge about my faith. But I was not completely 100% convinced yet. I wanted to know if the bible is true and if it really is the Word of God. So I went on the internet and searched up more about the faith that my mom was telling me about and I found one part that stuck out the most which was Jesus. And the most stunning part about Jesus was the claims that He made and how He could perform miracles and the most amazing of all, predicting He would rise from the dead. The Resurrection of Christ is the most important event in the history of the world and if it did not happen then me, my mom and everyone else who has put their trust in Him have been lied to and have wasted our lives. I wanted to know if Christ did rise so then I would know if I had been lied to or have been told the truth the entire time. I found out very quickly that Jesus did rise from the dead because people have seen Him rise and more than 500 eyewitnesses have seen Him after He rose. Now I know and can prove to the world that Jesus is alive based on what those people saw with their own eyes which was the Resurrected Lord Jesus Christ. My life has never been the same when I met Jesus Christ in my life, He has changed me from my sinful self out knowing that I am a sinner and needed a Savior which is the Lord Jesus Christ. We all need Him. He is our Savior so call out to Him from your heart and put your trust in Him and He will change you. I have many more stories of how Christ has changed me and how He has interacted in my life. He is SO REAL. The stories can be located on my blog archive on the right. All you have to do is believe and have faith in Jesus Christ. He will reveal Himself to you. Praise the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment