Wednesday, June 27, 2012

6/26/12

Yesterday was yet another busy day. Me and my dad left to Marshalls in the morning to look for shoes for my brother's wedding this upcoming Saturday. I was acting like a child like I always do in front of my dad because he tends to embarrass me  sometime and I act like that so it makes him irritated, so he WON'T do embarrassing things in front of me in public. After we bought the shoes we went back home and I got my check that my friend Michael dad's who is part of my Church and me and my dad went to Bank of America so I can learn how to deposit my check. It really was not that complicated and now I know how to do it myself. Then as me and my dad were discussing in the car whether I would get a haircut or not, we changed our plans and I drove over to SuperCuts which is close to our house and I got a haircut there. Well, let's just say it was not the most pleasant experience nor the best haircut I have ever gotten. My told told the hairstylist there to cut it short on the bottom but leave the top with a lot of hair (that was not my plan). I always have it cut short all over my hair since my stepmom cuts it, but this time my dad wanted me to look nice for the wedding when in reality I looked hideous. I have never gotten a haircut as worse as the one I got yesterday. My dad said that he wanted to try something new and cool, but I didn't want that. I want to look like me, not someone else or "cool". I just want my haircut like it always has been, but my dad wanted me to have it cut differently for the wedding so I can look "better". I am never having my dad around when I am getting a haircut. Next time I get a haircut at SuperCuts, I am going to be sure to tell the hair stylist to cut my hair short and equal all over just like my stepmom has executed in the past. Now I look like a freak, (sigh). Now I can't wait for my hair to grow back. Short on the bottom and long on the top, that is just wrong to me. Anyway, we came home after and I was really unsatisfied with my haircut so my dad decided to take me back and get it fixed. After the finished product, I walked out and after I looked in the mirror, I saw that my hair looked like someone from Dragonball Z. If you don't know what Dragonball Z is, it was a very popular cartoon shows from the 1990s. When we came home my dad embarrassed me more by introducing me to the rest of my family in a wild enthusiastic way. He would be dancing like a goofball and all did was try to escape my dad's presence as well as the rest of my family that were participating in trying to humiliate me. My hair looked absolutely ugly, and it was sticking up like a wild porcupine. So I went in the shower to wash it off and my hair was back to it's same condition as it was before I got my haircut. That's pretty much how my day was yesterday. But each day is a gift from our God no matter how strenuous or easy it is, with His help and guidance, I can get through anything! Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment