Thursday, July 5, 2012

6/30/12

Well, today was the big day. Not for me of course, but it was for my older brother who was getting married to his fiancee! It was a really exciting day. Before all of that happened, me and my other brothers were just putting golf outside since our hotel which was the holiday inn had a mini putting range. It was nothing too fancy, just a simple putting range with different holes. Except they were laid out in the grass since they were probably cut by a lawnmower. Later on, we needed to get dressed, so me and rest kinda rushed to get ready. I was having trouble putting my suit on so my stepbrother helped me with the tie and I was trying to put the rest of my suit on, as well as my undershirts. As I hung the tie on my neck, I was trying to pull it tight and I was struggling, so my brother came up to me and responded by slapping me in the face. I asked him why he did that and he said because of my "stupidity". My brother likes to commit malice to me a lot and it's not right it's wrong. That's why I leave all judgment up to the Lord Jesus Christ because I know that my brother will get the justice he deserves. But I don't want my brother to go to Hell forever, I just want him to repent of his sins and commit his life to Christ before it is too late. But the way he is going right now in his behavior is just horrible. Please pray that the Lord will wake him up and have him call upon the Lord Jeus Christ for the forgiveness of his sins. Please pray. Then after that, my dad and my stepmom came in and they were not too happy. They found that I have not dressed properly and that I was not fully ready to leave. So my stepmom was complaining and telling me why I was like this and so was my dad. But as for me, I have kept my mouth quiet because the bible says in Proverbs 10:19 "When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise." I have learned to do that a lot on this trip, learning to keep my mouth quiet and not say things I wanted to say that were not appropriate at the moment. So I just stayed quiet while they helped me get dressed properly. Then we all left to the location where the wedding was held. Not a lot of people were there, except the people who were planning the wedding, the decorations, and everything else. We took pictures before the wedding ceremony started and we also met our cousins, family, and relatives who arrived as well. Then the wedding ceremony started and my brother Italo and the sister of my older brother Ross, Tenise both gave a short speech. My brother said a poem and Tenise's sister said something short that I don't remember. Eventually, my brother Ross and his fiancee said their vows and I was not crying at all, I was just very happy for them. It got emotional for a couple of people that told me they were shedding tears. Soon after the wedding ceremony ended, it was the reception party that was held inside this building that was literally right next to us. Everyone came in and socialized until it was time for everyone to sit down for dinner. As always my dad started the tapping of the glasses to represent the groom and bride kissing. That happened a few times. Soon, dinner came and I had shrimp scampie which was really good. And I loved it so much that I asked my stepmom if I could have hers and she offered to give me all of it. My Aunt Fiorella came up to me and told me that it's not right to be taking food from others since it is rude. But I just loved shrimp, I couldn't help it haha. After dinner, everyone mingled again and I met a guy named Bryan. We  just started chatting about different topics and such. As some people got on the dance floor to start dancing Bryan was encouraging me to go out there and dance, but I didn't want to. One of the things I will never forget from him that he told me was that love is the greatest of all things. He told me that in all these religions, each of them teach that love is the greatest and most important thing. That is a very true statement as declared in the Word of Almighty God "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13 We had a nice chat. Then one of my family relatives or my cousin I believe it was, dragged me onto the dance floor to dance so I just moved a little bit. Eventually I left the dance floor, then came back on later. When I was there a second time, my older brother who saw me said to me "show me how to shuffle!" So I started shuffling and everyone was shouting excitedly and I was dancing like there was no tomorrow. It was crazy. I was then encircled by everyone on the dance floor and I was just shuffling away having all these people at my older bro's wedding cheering  for me. It was such an adrenaline rush, my goodness. And I was also drenched in sweat, but my uncle Bruno was even  worse than I was. He whole back was completely soaked! The rest of the night was awesome. After that, my dad planned to continue the party (even though it was just an after celebration which is the truth) at the Hyatt hotel which was really close to the wedding location that we were at. We arrived at the room and greeted everyone, and I was offered a Jell-o shot. I thought it was just plain Jello, but after I tasted it a little the guy who was at my older bro's and his wife's room told me "it has alcohol in it." I stopped eating and just left it. Me, my brother, stepbrother and my cousin Geo were all in my Uncle Bruno's room (he is Geo's dad) watching television. My brother and my stepbrother fell asleep since it was late at night and mostly because they were tired. I was tired as well but still awake since I got used to staying up late. Then later on, we left back to our hotel. That was one of the greatest weddings I have ever been to. Just plain awesomeness. Praise the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment