Saturday, July 14, 2012

7/12/12

I was really excited to visit my mom this morning , but also very nervous. One of the things that I don't like very much is airport security because I feel rushed and some people are very impatient and just want you to place your items in the plastic bins and moved through the metal detctor. I had to do that and find my gate by myself by looking at the television monitors. I needed to do all of this myself of course since I was 18 and need to do it more often so then I can get used to it like I am at driving. Well I was planning on doing some witnessing, but I was still thinking about my moving situation and that brought me down a little and I didn't feel lik witnessing. But that was a bad excuse, thousands of people are dying and going to Hell every single day and me not caring is the same thing as me seeing a child drowning in a pool and just walking past him/her. It's just not right, it's very wrong. I need to step my game up, especially at the airport, no matter if I am rejected or not, Christ must be proclaimed. The night before I would pray that the Lord would put the right people next to me on the airplane flight and I stilled prayed that when I was on the airplane. When I boarded my Southwest flight and got comfortable in my seat I introduced myself to the person next to me. He was young (in a physical sense that is) and I don't remember his name but he was a nice guy for sure. He told me that he graduated from UC Santa Barbara and that he majored in finance. He told me that he was working on two projects. I asked him where he was from and he said he was from San Diego. And I told the guy that I was just in San Diego a couple weeks ago for my older brother's wedding. And we chatted for a little bit, I knew that the Lord had an open seat on the plane so then I could chat with him about the Lord Jesus Christ. I didn't get to, so in the end I gave him a mark cahill tract booklet and he took it happily and told me thank you. I was still in the plane since San Diego was just a stop for people that needed to get off, and I just waited and more people came onto the plane. I prayed that the Lord would place the right person next to me on the next plane flight which was to Las Vegas. As the plane got going I introduced myself to the person next to me and his name was Jeremy. He was from San Diego and I asked him what he did and he told me that he is involved in the medicine field with painkillers. I did not witness to Jeremy either but at the end of the plane flight I gave him a mark cahill tract booklet and he took it thankfully. I got off the plane and went into the Las Vegas airport. When I was in the airport I was planning on doing some witnessing and passing out tracts while I was in the Las Vegas airport, but I just never did again. My fear of rejection of men came to me again and I wanted to please people more rather than please the Lord. I was not very happy. I got lunch at Burger King and that sat down back at my seat to eat it. When I got on my flight, I talked with this guy next to me sitting on the flight named Ahmed. I asked him where he was from and he told me that he was from Nagpur, India. I don't remember what he does, but later on during flight I wanted start a spiritual conversation. I asked Ahmed "can I ask you an interesting question?" He didn't say anything but looked at me with curiosity and then I asked "what's happening spiritually in your life? What are you spiritual beliefs or religious faith?" He told me that he does not have one which is very interesting, because most people grow up in stuff. He told me that he just wants to live his life and enjoy being with his friends and does not want to think about stuff like that. I started to tell him about my beliefs and then I started to walk him through the Ten Commandments and then he told me "let's just say I have broken all of them." That is very true, it's just what it says in the Word of God, breaking one of the Commandments is like breaking all of them. I started to talk to him about Jesus and then he started telling me how he had Christian friends that witnessed to him already and chatted to him about this stuff. He also told me a story of how this woman who was really pretty came up to him and asked Ahmed (the guy sitting next to me on the plane flight) "if you died today, where would you go? To Heaven or to Hell?" And then Ahmed said that he would go to Hell. The woman then asked if that bothered him and he said no. Well one thing Ahmed does not know is that Hell is not just a place, it is a place of torment. I wanted to warn him but I did not get to. Then later on in the flight I gave him a mark cahill tract booklet but he did not want it because he already knew about all the Christian stuff that his Christian friends have told him. But he still said thank you to me for the offer. God is good! He does place the right people next to you on the airplane flight, and I am so happy that I got to water the seed! God is faithful for sure! If I never would have engaged in a conversation with Ahmed on my flight from Las Vegas to Orlando, I would have never heard that story from him nor that he had Christian friends talk with him about the Lord Jesus Christ. I remember Ahmed told me that he knows Christ paid for his sins on the Cross and can be forgiven. But one thing he does not know is that he must repent of all of these sins that he is committing and put his trust in Jesus Christ to save him from his sins. But I will keep praying that the Lord would make that seed grow and I also ask all of you to pray for Ahmed as well so that he can be saved. Praise the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment