Monday, July 16, 2012

7/16/12

My stepdad was reminding me again this evening during dinner time of something he talked to me about two years ago. He was talking to me about how preachers or evangelists have a really tough life as they go to preach the gospel in different nations. He told me that I need to be more grateful and thankful to the Lord for what I have because he told me in other countries many people don't have any water, food or shelter and they are dying. While I am here in the United States being picky about certain foods when people would love to devour the food that I won't even touch. He told me that what we have here in the U.S. is considered luxury to other countries. My mom also told me that we are considered "rich" here in the U.S. compared to other nations. My stepdad was also telling me that preachers life is not easy when it comes to sharing the gospel in other nations. The person has to be accustomed to the food there, use whatever they have in that country. And they also have to get used to the house, or whatever they are living in there. There is no Taco Bell, apple store, or any kind of luxury that we have here in the United States that is present there. Absolutely none. And the people living in the country have no idea what a laptop or air conditioning is. My stepdad was telling me that I have no idea what it is like to go hungry. Paul faced the same thing during his life. He was shipwrecked, gone without sleep, went hungry and other horrible things that have happened to him. 2 Corinthians 11:25-27 But Paul persevered and overcame by clinging to Christ and never letting go. I want to live the same way and follow Him no matter what. I want the Lord to help and teach me to become a man and not to be weak but to boast in His strength that overcomes. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment