Monday, August 20, 2012

8/17/12

Tonight was the night I was about to go witnessing with a Christian family and part of their Church joined as well. After worship, prayer and bible study, we left to the Great Mall handing out pamphlets about a Christian event that my Christian family's Church building was hosting. Some people didn't want it, and some people did. But the main purpose was that we got the pamphlets out of our hands and into the hands of lost people to invite them. I walked up to these two teenagers to witness to them. I found out that one of the teenagers friend was autistic and so I could not talk with him. But I got to talk with the other teen who's name was Danish. He was a Muslim and told me the common beliefs that all Muslims believe such as: they don't believe Jesus was the Son of God, they don't believe He did on the Cross and rose from the dead, they believe He is just a prophet. I find it interesting in Luke 9:18-20 which is Peter's profession of Christ and who Peter says Jesus is after He asks Him. "Once when Jesus was praying in private and his disciples were with him, he asked them, "Who do the crowds say I am?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, that one of the prophets of long ago has come back to life." "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "The Christ of God." Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God who was sent to die for all the sins of mankind. Me and Danish talked and talked and I shared with him the Ten Commandments, repentance, the cross, etc. then I gave him a tract booklet after. Then my Christian friend continued talking with the person I just stopped talking with! God is so faithful, you just have to do your part and God will do His by using another believer to continue the conversation or a new one. What was interesting was that my Christian friend Perry told Danish that he was Muslim for 23 years. I have never heard that before from him and I thought that was very interesting. Then afterward when I was talking with a Christian friend, I told her that I wanted to witness to this young teenage stranger sitting down. I walked up to him and asked him "hey man, how you doing? Can you help me out? I'm working on a project." He said sure and then I asked him "Well I am asking the question if you died tonight are you 100% assured you would go to Heaven?" He told me that he doesn't believe in the Heaven and Hell type of afterlife, so I asked him what he did believe in. He told me he believed in reincarnation, so me and him talked about it for a little. I asked him what his name was and he said Peter. I shared with him the Ten Commandments, repentance, the cross, blood of Jesus Christ, etc. He also told me stories too. He told me that he believed in ghosts as well because he said that when he was going to sleep one night, the door just shut right as if it was an invisible force. Of course there is no such things as ghosts, but demons do exist and will try to take us away from the living God who is the Lord Jesus Christ. Satan exists and will tempt us believers to fall away. We must stand strong with the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ. Peter also told me that the greatest pursuit is to struggle to live. Isn't that true for all of us? We are in a daily battle every day fighting against trying to live in this world and we struggle with all of these responsibilities in life. And most of the time we have no control over any of them. I am struggling right now trying to live alone and it's tough, it's not easy. But one thing I have that most lost people in the world don't is the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the reason I live and I breath every day. Without Him, I am literally nothing. The Word of God is our fuel to live and to survive on this world. Peter also told me another interesting thing how he grew up Buddhist, since both his parents were, but he believed in reincarnation since that is a very popular belief in Hinduism. But was was even more interesting than that was even though he did not believe in Jesus, he saw the passion of the Christ and that just tore him. He acknowledged how much Jesus suffered even though he didn't believe in Him, and the torment he endured while here on earth. He told me people could not stand to watch that since it was so gruesome with all that blood and gore that Jesus shed. But Jesus did that all for us and shed his blood so we can be forgiven of all of our sins. After I talked with Peter I told him that I shared all of this with him because I cared about his soul and where he would spend eternity. During the conversation earlier he was smoking a lot and it was in my face and I had trouble breathing and Peter asked me if I was alright. I told him that I was and he told me that I was freaking him out and he was concerned about me. And then later on when I was finishing up the conversation near the end before I gave him a tract booklet, his friend was coming near us to smoke. Peter told his friend "don't come near him. He's been exposed to a lot of second hand smoke." When you stand up for Jesus Christ, lost people will make a stand for you. Please pray for Danish and Peter to come to the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. Praise the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment