Monday, August 27, 2012

8/27/12

Well today was my first day of college and it went well. I was mostly nervous and somewhat excited just about what I was going to be experiencing, but that feeling is normal. I asked this girl in the bus if she could guide me to the building where my first class was being held. She helped me with that and thanked her and walked over to the building to find my class. I discovered the main entrance eventually and I spotted a classmate of mine from High School. Me and him just talked for a bit, before I saw a student that was familiar on facebook. The student was a brother of someone named Chris from my High School. He was a quick new friend that I met and later he had to go to his class. I left as well to my first class that was on the second floor. I honestly did not know where the class was so I asked a woman at a table. She pointed to the class and it was very close to me, literally. I walked in there was only a woman working on her laptop on a desk. I found out soon that she was not the teacher but that the real teacher would be coming as soon as the class started. More students came into the classroom and then the teacher started lecturing about the class and wrote his name and contact information on the board. He asked us to introduce our names, our major, and how many years it has been since we had a math class. After that then he lectured more then he asked a couple of people to participate in an exercise. For the first exercise he asked two people to stand and gave a girl a tennis ball. The teacher asked her to throw it to the other guy standing across from her. What he was teaching us was that our brain calculates how to throw the ball, what direction it goes, the trajectory, all without us not knowing our brain does these complex tasks. After that, he asked another student to stand up and gave him the tennis ball. He told the student to close his eyes and the teacher walked around the classroom. He told the student to throw the ball to him with his eyes still shut. The student tried to turn in the direction where his voice was coming  from and he threw the ball. The ball was close to where the student with his eyes closed was aiming at. The point that the teacher was trying to make that our brain does all of these complex calculations about the direction of where to throw the ball, how much force to use, what trajectory, angle, etc. And he said that consciously we don't know what we just did, but sub-consciously in our mind our brain knows what it did, but we don't know that. I thought it was very interesting and cool to think about. But what my math teacher and possibly the rest of the students in my class didn't know was that, I know who made the human brain. I know the Creator and I am in a relationship with Him which is the best thing in the entire Universe. The class was kinda enjoyable even though it was mostly a lecture of course. After that I introduced myself to the teacher formally and left the class. I encountered a classmate of mine who is also a friend and we talked for a little bit before I asked him to show me where to buy my parking permit. We left to the library and we encountered another friend from our High School. I told them I needed to leave to catch my bus, so I left. Once I arrived I didn't know I missed the bus by seconds until I asked this guy next to me. I had to wait more than half an hour and more before the bus finally showed up. After the bus ride and walking home, I was just really exhausted from the day since I was burning in the sun while waiting for the bus (I wanted to wait in the shade, but their were bees there). I wanted to come home and relax after a tiring first day of college. I felt like I couldn't take it anymore, and I also feel now that I don't even want to go to college. It's just so much responsibility and I feel like dropping out. Please pray that I will persevere in the Lord's strength my fellow brother's and sister's. I am just so weary from this day and my strength is almost gone. Pray that the Lord will help me through my college life as of now and in the future. I am really scared and I feel that I will not do well. I know that these troubles are short and will not last just like the bible says "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us and eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:17 I am asking all of your from my heart, please pray for me. I love you all strongly with my heart and I thank you so much for reading this and supporting my blog as well. Praise the Lord!!!

1 comment:

  1. Access your space made ​​me very well!
    I praise God for your life!

    I did leave a little something, hope you like acrostic:

    C ultivar a life of prayer.
    R evigorar by the daily reading of the Word.
    And star always willing to obey God.
    S er a faithful witness in life and words.
    C onsagrar God his body, time and talents.
    And sperar God's guidance for life.
    R evestir up the power of the Holy Spirit.

    We need to GROW in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    Waiting there in my space, feel free to comment below and also will be honored.

    Peace, health and happiness to you and your entire family is my wish and prayer.

    In Christ,

    ***Lucy***
    http://frutodoespirito9.blogspot.com/

    Blog of a very dear brother, it's worth checking and access ....
    http://discipulodecristo7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete