Thursday, August 9, 2012

8/9/12

I felt that I was not doing my devotionals as much as I could so today I got a chance to return to that task. I read the one today and the one yesterday since I have forgotten. Then I read the Word of God as well and read more than 1 chapter this time. A Christian friend of mine was supposed to come over but he told me that he did not plan it well. So instead he said that he would come over tomorrow so and him can hangout for a little before we go to a hangout party at our Church building. I just stayed at home mostly today and in the evening I got out some chicken that my Christian friends have given me as leftover. I microwaved it and began to start eating. Suddenly, the doorbell rings and I greet the man who is on my front porch. He asks me if my parents were home and I told him no. I told him that my dad, stepmom and stepbrother are traveling to Florida while I am living alone. He gave me a card that was about solar panels and it had his number on it. I  asked Matthew if he was busy (I knew his name before when I asked who was at the door before I opened it) he told me a little. I then had the boldness to ask him "can I ask you an interesting question?" He said "sure go for it", then I asked Matthew "when you die what do you think is on the other side? What do you think is out there when we walk out of here?" He told me that is an interesting question and so me and him start talking. Matthew told me that the soul which he believes enters a cycle, very similar to the beliefs in Hinduism and in Sikhism where both beliefs teach that the soul enters a cycle of rebirth. He also told me some other interesting stuff as well. Then I told him what I believed in and I took Matthew to show him his and how we are guilty of our sins in front of an all holy God. He understood that and I also used an example in Mark Cahill's book One thing you can't do in Heaven. Then he asked me if I would like to sit down, so me and him started talking more. We talked about what he believed then he asked me questions that he had. It was just great. I also told Matthew that I cared about his soul after everything I shared with him, and he appreciated it. I told him that I had a gift for him and so I went back into my house and got my only copy of one heartbeat away. I gave it to Matthew and he told me that he can return it. He was really thankful. I am also surprised that at the beginning of our conversation he told me that only a couple of people would actually talk to him at the door. Then he left and he told me to call him. His number was on the paper advertisement he gave me. Me and Matthew had a great conversation. I am so thankful the Lord brought him into my path so I could talk with him about the Lord Jesus Christ. He even knew a little bit about why Christ came to die which was for our since on the Cross. God is good!!! Please pray for the seed I planted in Matthew, that He would make it grow. Praise the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment