Friday, November 30, 2012

A divine appointment at school 11/30/12

I had a nice relaxing day early in the morning since everyone was gone busy with things to do. I had to go to a appointment later to meet my counselor to register for my new classes next semester. I arrived at my college right on time around 4 which was perfect timing. I thought that I was going to be called for my appointment very soon, but no counselor showed up. Apparently a guy working in the desk behind the counter heard that the counselor's were going to be late because they were stuck in traffic. Another girl who was there was also waiting for the counselor's as well. Me and her started chatting and we became acquainted really quickly. I found out her name was Leslie and she seemed nice when I met her but liked to use a lot of profanity. She told me that she doesn't normally act like that, but it just depends on what makes her angry. These deaf people came into the floor that me and Leslie were on and they started communicating in sign language. I was watching them communicate like I always do, and it's always fun and entertaining to watch deaf people talk. It amuses me a lot. Then one of them made eye contact with me and said hi, then he asked me if I sign. I told him no, but I did tell him my name. I think his name was believe, don't remember that much haha. Later on a woman asked by and we were asking her questions about the counselors since they haven't arrived yet. I thanked her by saying thank you in Chinese (Mandarin), but she told me that she is not Chinese. She told me that she is Japanese. I then said thank you in Japanese and started smiling and laughing. I also said something in Japanese and she smiled and laughed as well as that. It's nice to speak in another person's language because it makes them feel a lot more comfortable. Me and Leslie chatted for a little bit, but then I turned the conversation to the guy sitting in the back. His name was Neil and he was a really nice and quiet chill guy. We had a good conversation about video games and play station, etc. I didn't talk to him about Jesus, but when I see Neil again, you bet I will talk to him about the Lord Jesus Christ. Later on, I asked Leslie an interesting question which was what's happening spiritually in her life. And she told me that she is a Catholic. She told me that she is a believer, but she is not a strong committed believer like her parents. She told me she has a bible, but never reads it. Isn't that sad? A person who owns the most powerful book in the world, but has never opened it and read the truth. It makes me think how people are so absorbed in this world, that they think more about worldly things, rather than the things about the Lord. I shared with her about Jesus, sin, and she definitely knew about sin, so I told her about what the blood of Jesus Christ could do for her, which was to wash away all of her sin so she can go to Heaven. It seemed like Leslie did not care about what I was telling her, but a seed has been planted. And the Lord can definitely use a planted seed for sure. She told me that she doesn't like to read, but would rather read facebook posts and twitter posts, than read some material on truth like the very popular book one heartbeat away, or even better the Word of God which is the Holy Bible. What was originally supposed to be an appointment with a counselor, was actually a divine appointment that the Lord has set up and used me to plant a seed in Leslie's life. I have planted a seed in Leslie's life and I will be praying for her. I am asking you my brother's and sister's to please pray for the person that I just met today, Leslie. She needs the Lord Jesus Christ and is not saved. May the Lord interact in her life and show Himself to her. Praise the Lord! He is worthy to be praised forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment