Sunday, December 23, 2012

12/22/12

Today was a pretty chill day and relaxing. We celebrated my dad's birthday yesterday night and we went out to Chipotle to eat. It was very nice. My dad got two gifts for his birthday. He got the movie that he was not expecting and was really excited to receive it which was the movie prometheus. And he also got an iphone 5 even though I saw him using it the days before haha. Eventually my older brother Italo came over and we greeted him and he stayed with us for the night at my house. My dad, brother, stepmom and stepbrother were all watching the movie prometheus on the second floor. Me and my older bro Italo were just talking and hanging out with his dog Annie. The movie was really loud and there was a lot of bloodcurdling screams and stuff within the movie. My brother Mark didn't like it. Then when it came to bed time, I was talking with my brother Mark and kept on talking and was mentioning how I threw my Flip camera in the garbage. My brother asked me how I could throw away something worth a lot of money and was complaining about it. He even got up and told my dad about it after midnight. My dad was also upset that I threw away something that he paid $150 for and gave it to me on my birthday. I was also mad with myself saying in my mind "how could I do that?" I regretted doing that action and will for the rest of my life. Regrets are the worst kinds of things in life, but the worst one is knowing that you have been warned about the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ and not repenting of your sins and turning to Him. And once that person is in Hell, they will regret that decision for all of eternity. And regretting something forever is way worse than some temporary action that we did here while on earth. My dad was planning on getting me the new ipod 5 for Christmas and now that he has heard of what I did to my Flip camera, I doubt that I will get it. But you know what? It doesn't matter because that ipod will not last in this life forever. It doesn't matter if I get it or not because this life is only temporary and won't last forever. Eternal life with the Lord Jesus Christ on the New Heavens and New Earth is going to be even better than using the latest ipod that is useless trash here on earth. Besides, I will get to use that ipod that I did not receive down here on earth. Why? Because technology isn't sinful, it's the product of our human creativity. Nothing that we humans create is sinful, it's just us using our creativity that the Lord gave us to make things since He Himself is a Creator. That is why I am so excited for that rather than getting something down here that I know won't last, and now that I think about it, it gives me a lot of comfort. It makes me feel much better for not getting something down when I can joyfully receive it up there.  But of course, it's not going to compare to the Joy of being with the Lord Jesus Christ. Even if my dad knows about me throwing away my Flip camera and still get me the new ipod 5, that's grace right there. My dad getting me something that I do not deserve at all. That is equal to God's grace. We don't deserve Jesus, Heaven, and all the glorious riches that the Lord has for us, but God graciously gives it to us because He is good and He loves us. Whatever I get for Christmas or don't get, I am still thankful for the greatest gift of all, the Lord Jesus Christ. Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment