Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2/5/13

Today was a normal school day today. Nothing strange or unusual but my philosophy class is interesting yet very deceitful and can deceive a lot of people easily in the class. Because in this class we focus on different religions, I am in a class where I am studying Asian religions. The first religion we are studying is Hinduism. The religious faith itself is kinda confusing and perplexing with all the different gods, (their are 330 million gods in the religion alone!) that is ridiculous. I learned today how the Hindus worship all these gods but they have a particular god that a village and their people worship as the supreme god. I also learned today that brahman is god and that it manifests itself in different bodies of the gods as different incarnations. It's confusing I know! But that is not true. Jesus is the one true God and is God in the flesh. He is the true incarnation. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made." John 1:1-3 Brahman did not die on a Cross for our sins and gave him/herself as a sacrifice. Jesus did that. Jesus is the only one who was sinless in the world and rose from the dead! No other person in history did that. Jesus told the truth in everything he said because He is the Truth! "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 He is the only one who can wash away our sins with His precious blood. The bible even says to stay away from philosophy and anything that the world teaches that is not the Word of God. "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ." Colossians 2:8 Always study the Word of God so you know what you believe so we can share it with others. I also placed chick tracts today on my school campus. And I always pray for that person to read the tract at least all the way through so that they can hear about the gospel. I want the right people to pick up these tracts and read them with an open heart so they can give their life over to Jesus. Because any person can read a tract, but the people that will not be saved will be those who are too filled up with pride to come to Christ. They think they have all the right answers and think that their religion, good works, or their "god" which is their idol. can save them. But it can't. Only through faith in Jesus Christ can we receive the free gift of eternal life. The people that will most likely come to Christ are those who are hurting, who are in need of the answers of life and want the truth. I always pray that the Lord will bring those type of people into my life so I can share the healing power and truth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Please join me in praying for those seeds that I have planted in those people's lives. And pray for the people who read those gospel tracts and also pray for the Lord to use me to plant more seeds in the lives of people who are hurting so I can bring them to our Lord. Praise the Lord for all that He is doing!!! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment