Thursday, September 12, 2013

9/12/13

Three days ago on Monday I drove to my local plaza to apply for a job. As I arrived to a stoplight about to turn, I noticed a homeless woman sitting on a curb. I drove past her and parked my car near a Denny's restaurant. I was thinking about my past experience of me driving past a homeless person when I should have helped them. Well this time, I was not going to let that opportunity slip by from me. I walked over to the homeless woman and greeted her and we chatted for a long time. It was mostly her telling me about her current troubling situation and about her past as well. She told me how she was harassed by cops and people who would just walk by her and insult her. It broke my heart. She also told me a story of when she came up to a vehicle and a man had candy for her and threw it on the ground. It made me sad how mistreated this poor woman was. All I was doing was just listening minute after minute from the stories and experiences she was telling me. Before I left I asked for her name and she told me Melissa. I asked Melissa "before I go, can I pray for you?" She said yes and so I prayed for her and then I gave her a gospel tract to read. I did not verbally share the gospel with her, but I did give her a gospel tract that explains the whole gospel and how her soul can be saved. I will praying for Melissa and whatever attention God is going to grab her, He will. Please pray for her soul and that the gospel tract that she reads would have the biblical gospel planted in her heart. I never want to ignore another homeless or poor person again. The last time I did, I felt so much guilt and I knew the Lord wanted me to turn around and talk to that person. But my flesh told me to go home and leave. This time the Spirit of God compelled me to go and reach that lost person and I listened to my Spirit. And it was not wrong, just listening to that poor soul was worth my time. I would do it again. Please don't ignore homeless people or any lost person at all. They all need the Lord Jesus Christ. Do something about it. We are the light and salt of the earth Jesus says. God bless you my brother's and sisters. Invite more people around the globe to my blog. It will be well worth their time! The gospel changes lives! Praise the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment